hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Thursday 6 October 2011

Pennants for Sail!!!

A few years back, before I had discovered the joys of 'Stampin' Up!', I can remember trawling round a craft show, and stopping to look at a stand, whilst there a lady with a personality bigger than myself, started telling me that she would never buy a rubber stamps, unless she could think of at least 7 ways to use them!


I have always liked the idea of getting your moneys worth out of your craft stash and this new set out of the NEW 'IB& C' is fantastic for versatility! Its called 'Pennant Parade' (122740 Wood mounted £20.95/ 122742 Clear mounted £16.95) and when used with the matching punch-'Petite Pennants Builder' (122361 £15.50), it makes mini bunting a 'doddle'!


But hey! Us crafters want to get more out of it than that,

don't we???

Well here is my take on a card for a young boy!!

I did a bit of folding to give the card a '3D' effect.


I was a bit punch crazy too, but they do take the hassle out of cutting fiddly shapes like the circle for the sun, for the rays I used the end, of the pennants builder punch & the boats were made out of ovals, cut in half length ways. Even the waves were cut with a punch too, can you guess which??


I have included a picture from above, that shows that the banner was given a little dimension, and that the sails of the boat were not stuck completely down, but just to the masts which were made from half a cocktail stick........a Cheese & Pineapple moment!!


This is a side on view, then you can see the fold, The whole card will fit nicely into a DL envelope too, which would be cost effective to post.


I hope you like my pennants make, I have a few more makes planned to show the versatility of this set & and I will offer free P&P (in the UK) to anyone who purchases both the stamp set & matching punch, from myself, until Midnight on Saturday 8th October!




I look forward to hearing from you


Sally-Jo xXx

1 comment:

  1. what a pretty card!! I just LOVE that paper!! :) I like your original card too -- the color combo is one of my favorites... Maybe you can still salvage it for something else

    ReplyDelete