hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Friday 7 October 2011

Ice cream in this weather??!!

This time last week we were baking, in the sun, yesterday we had hailstones and today heavy showers & gusty wind!! We have had it all lately I wonder what else we have to come!!


Anyway last night I was having a play around with my 'Pennant Parade' (Wood mounted- 122740 £20.95/ Clear mounted-122742 £16.95) and the matching 'Petite Pennants Builder' punch (122361 £15.50) From 'Stampin' Up!', I had seen it used, to make Ice cream cones by my SU mum Julie, so thought I would have a go as I had some pictures that I wanted to scrap with an Ice cream theme!!


With a bit of simple stamping and punching, I had soon whipped up 5 tremendous, 'Soft Subtles', 3 Scoop cones!!!! And came up with this clean and simple layout, that as my Heather said' OOooo it's white!!'

The other stunning decorative feature on this page is a lovely delicate, Doiley style border- made with the new 'Stampin' Up!' 'Lace Ribbon Border' punch (122362 £18.25)The letters were cut with my trusty SU 'Big Shot' using the 'Timeless Type' dies, out of textured white card stock, and colour was sponged around the edges to make the letters 'pop'!Here you can see that the letters were stuck flat to the page and that the No.3 was raised up, to do this I just chopped a dimensional to fit!The scoops of ice cream were cut from the 'Subtles- Designer series paper pack' using the scallop circle punch, I then cut at them with the 1"circle punch, to get a scalloped edge.
I have include this photo of the layout, which is taken from above......I always find it tricky to take decent photos of scrapbook layouts, taking a photo of a photo and getting the colours right.....do you have any tips?? I would be glad to hear them x


Don't forget tonight is.....

NEW 'Ideas Book & Catalogue' launch!!!
Friday- 7th October
7pm onwards


At Delicachixs
14 Woodplumpton Rd.
Lanes Ends, Ashton, Preston.


Its free to attend, Everybody is welcome!
It includes a FREE 'Make & Take' and light refreshments....

and there is a fantastic raffle!!


Also I am offering free P&P (in the UK) to anyone who purchases both the stamp set & matching punch, from myself,

until Midnight on Saturday 8th October!


for more information!


I look forward to seeing you tonight

or maybe hearing from you,

if you are further away!!


Sally-Jo xXx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout!!! Loving the white - going to have to remember to try it sometime. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lourve this layout, it's just lush
    Love
    victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete