hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Saturday 29 October 2011

Flying the flag......

Today I am posting the card that I made for Heather to give Matthew, she does sometimes help but she has been busy over the holidays doing horsey jobs. The card is quite large for me and the base layer is made from an A4 sheet of 'Baja Breeze' SU cardstock, folded in half to make a card with a A5 front, and do you recognise the design??
The design/ layout is taken from a card we made at training with Julie, and I just re-worked it to fit a larger card. The only try-ing bit was getting my 'Square Lattice Embossing Folder' to emboss an area that is larger than the folder its self, this meant take the card through the 'Big Shot' twice, just repositioning the folder and not winding over the embossing you did first.....it did take me two attempts....and in folders with such a ridged pattern you may see a join line, but the finished effect was pleasing!
I even decorated the inside to match the front, I had some discontinued Patterened papers to use up to make the bunting for the card front and had also stamped and punched a few with co-ordinating Ink pad & the scalloped edge bunting stamp, from 'Pennant Parade'. I so love it that SU takes the hassle out of getting things to co-ordinate, and at a recent workshop I demonstrated at, I really flew the flag..... that SU have really thought about what they do and that its great that you can easily get everything you need for a project that matches and co-ordinates perfectly, not just paper cards & inks, but finishing touches such as buttons, brads & ribbons too! So I just carried a similar decoration over to the inside, the sentiment came from a new set 'Petite Pairs', I like these as on a smaller card you can put part of the sentiment on the front of your card and the other bit on the inside, or maybe if you have made a larger card like me, use the 'Stamp-a-ma-jig' and put it all on the inside!
I made a little rosette for the front on which I put a greeting from the 'Pennant Parade' stamp set.Here you can see that the large birthday greeting, taken from 'Curly Cute' is layered on a strip of card. on top of the embossing, and how 'Crumb Cake' ink has been sponged around the edges of the white to take the glare off.On the blog candy draw for yesterday, I have had over 20 entries so far, I do have to check my spam box though!! I will be back tomorrow with the draw. xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment