hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Thursday 23 June 2011

Just Believe........

There is a 'scrummy' silhouette style, stamp set- from Stampin' Up!, that is called 'Just Believe', and after seeing the set used with a brayer on Becki's blog:

http://beckiscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/just-believe.html
I was inspired to get it out, and have a play, I have to admit that I didn't use the brayer, but used the sponging technique, and I am going to share this card idea tonight with the lovely Linda Kings Craft group, were I am demonstrating.


it has a lovely sentiment in, can you see it on the the bottom Right of the picture??......


While creating, I got thinking about the title of the stamp set, and thought that it can mean so much, for so many, but today for me it means:



  • If you believe it is summer, the sun will be out....as I glance out of the window the sun is sort of shinning, through the grey clouds!!


  • If you believe in yourself you can make things happen..... over the week I have made more, new Stampin' Up! friends xx


  • If you believe you have something enjoyable, to share........share it and spread the enjoyment.

Yes! they are broad and sweeping statements, but to me they are meaningful,


But what is your 'Just believe....?'



I hope you like the cards, I love having the 'Top note' die to use with my 'Big Shot'. the large fronds image, from the 'Just Believe' stamp set has been stamped in classic black and then the 2nd and 3rd impression used to add depth, I then inked each card panel, with a different in colour ink, the pop effect you get is very striking! to some I added the big sentiment and to others just the shorter sentiments from the same set, using the stamp-a-ma-jig....tools that work are a god send!!


The stunning 'is it blue or maybe purple' of 'Concord Crush' Ink.




'Peach Parfait' Ink....with a tempting warmness!




'Pear Pizzazz' Ink...that is 'ooo soooo' very lush!




'Blushing Bride' Ink.....that is both demure & striking!




And the fiery red of 'Poppy Parade' ink!




I have also included a couple of side views to show, the little cheating version of a easel card, I had created! it's nice to do something that looks a little different, to a square or rectangle card, without lots of hassle, the 'Top Note' die is a must have for this!



Looking forward to tonight, but if you can't host a workshop you can still order, 'Stampin' Up!' goodies from me email for more details: sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Love these Sally - you are clever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh love the sponged version, it gives it a much softer finish, also think the top note easel is fab too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely evening Sally making these cute little cards.

    Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete