hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Wednesday 22 June 2011

The 2nd day of summer....

And yes it has rained here in Lancashire!! But the roses are in full bloom, well in my craft room, that is!! I have been having another little dabble, with the 'OOO so lovely' Stampin' Up! Exclusive 'Manhattan Roses' embossing folder.



I thought that if I made some little set of four note cards with the gorgeous 'Top-Note Die' and then embossed the fronts with the lovely folder, I would then have 'uber lovely' gorgeous note cards.......
But it doesn't end there.......I decided to rub the lovely embossing folder, with some of the terrific SU ink, my choice was- 'Blushing Bride & Certainly Celery', and yes this was before winding them through my big shot!! Now you may think, 'shock horror!' what is this women doing!! But hey don't you like the finished effect?? Swiping the ink pad directly over the folder, gives them a sort of distressed finish, but if you prefer a smoother look, you could apply the ink with a brayer.And it gets better.....I then needed to add a sentiment and there are 3 delightful little ones perfect for note cards in the 'Just Believe' SU stamp set, so I stamped one, using the 'Early Espresso' ink, towards the top corner of each card, but I thought 'UOOOGHHH' the y look sort of lost, and floating just there, so what can i do to ground them, so I put one of the delicate small pearls either side, an improvement, but still not just right.....so then I took a leap of stamping faith.....I stamped the the small ornate flourish from 'Tiny Tags' over the top........using the same ink......but first blotting it on some scrap paper.....so i got a lighter 'second impression'.....and 'TaaaDarrrr' I had that 'OOOoo' moment were I was happy with the finished cards and being the honest girl I am, that doesn't happen every day!!

Now if you decide to make something similar here is a MAJOR TIP- don't do as I did and try and use the 'Stamp-a -ma-jig' after applying the pearls, it will be very bumpy and awkward, so do the over stamping before adding pearls!!!
Thank you to all who attend 'Creative Cafe' last night, we had loads of fun and thank you to Deborah for bringing the chocolate to share.....you can't beat crafting with friends and chocolate!!!






The 'Creative Cafe' is a regular event, every 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month, so the next one runs on the 5th of July. Just bring your project along, friendship and help- if wanted, along with refreshments included!!




Tomorrow I am at a workshop, Hosted by the lovely Linda, at the St. Augustines Centre, Preston.She runs a group that regularly meets to share there love of papercrafting. If you would like to look closer at the lovely 'Stampin' Up!' products, you are welcome to attend, email me for more info: sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Gosh you are on a creative roll, these are fab!! And I love your light hearted banter too!! Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Sally very inspiring - I'm going to have a go with ink and my new rose embossing folder x Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Manhattan Roses folder WANT it X

    ReplyDelete