hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Tuesday 21 June 2011

Does it feel like summer??

Today is the first day of summer, but as I look out the window, all I can see is puddles of rain!!






A couple of weeks ago, Heather and Matthew's school, had a float in the village festival, it was all themed around the circus big top and was really bright and cheery, Matthew dressed as a strong man and Heather as the ring Master, I had took a few snaps, but it was so bright it was hard to get a shot, LOL....we are never happy with the weather!!!
Anyway here is the page i created! To make the background,I used the star punch to make a mask, and then inked through it,to create a random star pattern 3/4 of the way down the page.The pictures were stuck, on a 1/4 of the way down, at 'Jaunty' angles and the over hang trimmed off. Next job was to make some kind of title....now when I had first signed up to demo a few weeks ago, Julie- my SU mum and up line mentioned that one of her jem's had used the four labels stamp set and the co-ordinating punch, to make bunting. Now I haven't seen that bunting, but with that idea in mind I went on to create my bunting, using the same ink colours that I had used for the stars-Pacific Point, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo & the in colour 'Pear Pizazz. I made a score line about 3/4 of a centimetre, down from the short edge and used some wet glue to fix the flags to a piece of string.
The black title letters were die cut, using my 'Big Shot' & the 'Timeless type' alphabet dies, a little journalling was added to the bottom and a quick doodle around the photo's and my page was finished.


I hope you like it as much as my children do!




Tonight it is 'Creative Cafe' at


'Delicahix's'


Lane Ends, Ashton, Preston.


Bring your own craft project &


craft alongside fellow grown-ups,


Refreshments provided.


Email me to secure your place: sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk

2 comments: