hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Wednesday 29 June 2011

It's on the Desk!!

While the Stampin' Up! 'Autumn Day's' Stamp set was on the desk, I was struck by another flash of creativity and thought it would make a nice card for my brothers birthday today!








This time on a whisper white card base.

I again used the sponge, 'Soft Suede' ink and torn paper, to create the hill & to add a ground line.Then I stamped the ears of corn stamp, from the same set, with 'Early Espresso' ink along the bottom edge, and up either side to add foreground, sometimes using the 2nd impression. The bottom left corners, inside the card and also the envelope, were given the same treatment.The sentiment came from the Level 2 Hostess set, out of the mini, and was stamped on a scrap of the whisper white card. I cut it on the trimmer to a rectangle, and then snipped in, at the right side to create a flag. This was matted onto some 'Early Espresso' card and trimmed to leave a small border. A small antique brass brad, was added as an accent to the left hand side of the sentiment.To add further interest, I stuck the left hand side, flat to the card base, lifted the middle with a double thickness of foam pads and let the right hand side- hang off the card.Admittedly this won't fit in a standard C6 envelope, but as it will be hand delivered, I will slice along the top right hand edge of the envelope, then the edge of the flag can just pop out.....also providing a sneaky peek of what is inside!!


I think I will leave this set out on the desk a bit longer, as I fancy doing a more colourful creation!!

Remember to email me: sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk to request my July Newsletter xx

No comments:

Post a Comment