hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Tuesday 28 June 2011

Clear Mount

Clear mount stamps have been really popular choices at my workshops lately, they are slightly cheaper than the wood versions and they can be stored in any of the fantastic storage that's about for DVD's.They are made of the same deeply etched red rubber of Stampin' Up! traditional wood mounted stamps, so can be used stamping into embossing powders and direct to stamp techniques.




But the one thing I am asked most often is- how is it best to mount them, well here is a fantastic link to Video by 'Stampin' UP!' & Bonnie Thurber http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RQOdcXi1IQ&feature=player_embedded it is so much better typed instructions!!




The one other hot tip, from my good friend Deborah O'Donohue, is not to throw away, the scrap rubber, remove the paper and stick this to the back of the case, then you will be able to place the stamps back in there 'holes', and they won't roll around the case. also you will know at a glance if one is missing when you are tidying up after crafting......hmm she really does know what a mess I make at my desk!!! ;-)




Anyway here are some pictures of some cards i made a while back, using the 'Just Believe' Stamp set, you get a fantastic combination of images and sentiments & this is available as a clear set too!!



They are all made with the 'Very Vanilla' SU card stock, and then stamped, they are quite 'grungie' looking, and I think show how a floral/ frond stamp can be made to look masculine.





The back ground on the next couple of cards, was one of those that you don't plan, the texture came from using an impromptu craft sheet, email me for the secret!!!








I love it when an 'ERRRR' moment turns into an 'ARRRR' one!






Some were just stamped with 'Basic Black' ink, and I think these are very striking too!



Anyway i hope you like, and don't forget to email me for the secret!!




Thank you too all the lovely ladies who joined us for 'Creative Cafe' last night, I hope you enjoyed the brownies??




If you are near to 'Zumo' on the A6, north of Garstang, today between 2-5pm, please pop in and and have a go at a 'Make & Take' with me. xxXxx

1 comment:

  1. Did indeed enjoy the brownies and Rosarie ate one as part of her breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete