hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Thursday 30 June 2011

Flowers in a book!!

I am a hoarder, and quite often, spy things- while out shopping, that I have to have because they will come in for something at a later date, well I tell myself that anyway!! Giant pink paperclips were one of these purchases, and today I gave them a little 'Stampin' Up!' make over!

I created some bookmarks!






Now I purchased these along while ago while perusing the things that fasten paper together aisle at a stationary shop, stashing them away till today! I used the fantastic 'Stampin' Up!' 'Colour Coach' to determine what shade of SU pink they were closest to- it was 'Melon Mambo'! I turned over the swatch card and looked at the suggested colour combo's at the top were a selection from same colour group, the brights- 'Daffodil Delight' & 'Tempting Turquoise'.
I decided to through 'caution to the wind' and use a few small pieces from the 'Stampin' Up!' 'Designer Series papers- Brights', I have been amazed by how many projects I have used this pack for and still have loads of full sheets left- providing excellent value for money. Using my the two smaller 'Fantastic Flowers' SU exclusive 'Big Shot' die, the flowers were quickly cut out, and then it was just the job of assembly!!

Each bloom was topped with a Button from the brights collection and fastened in place with linen thread, a circle of co-ordinating card was added to ensure that the thread didn't pull through the paper.The larger flower, was stuck to the back, with some foam pads and the top flower had it's petals curled upwards, and they were finished!!


Something pretty, to adorn my latest read xx

1 comment: