hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Monday 6 June 2011

Bloomin' Lovely!!

Flowers without the hassle of watering them and dead-heading......ooohhh and also with out the dreaded hay fever causing pollen........'Ha' that can't be done!' you would say!! Well this make, may have to be seen to be believed.....


So yes!! Paper blooms....(ooh and a jam Jar thrown in as as vase....only 236 more to use!!). I was inspired to make these after my recent SU training with my 'SU Mum' Julie Japes, and admiring her bouquet of paper gerbras.

These flowers were very easy to make, Using the New 'Stampin' Up!' exclusive sizzix die- 'Fun Flowers' and just 1 1/2 sheets of Melon Mambo A4 carstock, to add texture to the flowers, I ran the 2 larger petals through the bigshot with the 'Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder-Perfect Polka Dots' because these folders have a positive and negative impression the depth of embossing is far crisper than traditional dry embossing, it's also easier and quicker too!


The centres were made using the small 1" punch and worked from the reverse with an embossing tool to give dimension, they were then covered in liquid accents and sprinkled with a little 'Stampin' Glitter'. The stalks were mad from kebab sticks that were rubbed lightly on the 'Old Olive' ink pad, the leaves were very thin strips of Designer Series Old Olive paper, cut to a point and then stuck to the stem with a little wet glue.



As I had been playing, I had a few blooms extra so made a petal tag, and added the lovely sentiment from the 'Just believe' stamp set...which is quite sweet for paper flowers and paper creating!!




As part of my launch party, I will be demonstrating a project and then hosting a FREE make and take session, these lovely blooms will be on display, along with many other pretty things and fabulous products, so please do come along. email to secure your make & take pack: sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk

1 comment: