hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Wednesday 30 May 2012

Not the Farmers wife...........

So the other week I thought I had just got back in to the swing of things, time to craft, time to be a mum and time to be a good up line and down line to my SU friends, time to be a good friend and time to enjoy the summer sun..............


Hmmm but I had forgotten something..........


time to be 'Not the farmers wife' I say that with a giggle, as we have been together so long and have our two children together, a lot of people presume we are married, but I am happy to declare I am 'Not the farmers wife' but last week not only was Farmer Johnnie having his hip fixed (a big needle and some fluid to reline the socket....fingers crossed it will work!!) but he was also busy preparing for his 'Red Tractor' Farm assured audit on Monday. So as a family we all chipped in to do some farm jobs and help him through it, mainly for me it was helping him get the girls out in the sunshine and get his paper work in order, and I am happy to say we have passed!


So I haven't even got round to finishing that layout I said I had in mind last week, so I thought I would share with you some fabric makes, that I put together for my table in the 'Share Fair' at the 'Stampin' Up!'- Leeds Regional Training, I attended........... 
I am not a sewer, but all I can say is that I get an idea,
and I just have a go, on my trusty hand turn antique Singer sewing machine.......
I am rubbish with an electric machine as I am heavy footed.......
Farmer Johnnie would probably agree, as he is always looking at my car tyres and shaking his head!!!
But I spied some cheap as chips, baby onesies and added a 'Twitterpated' fabric heart and
I had created some super cute baby wear.
Using some felt out of my stash, I cut some bird bodies, using the new 'BIGZ- Elegant Bird Die' I then cut some wings from the 'Twitterpated' fabric and added some 'Pear Pizazz- Seam binding' and with some simply sewing and stuffing....
I have a lovely home décor item!
And my fail safe fabric activity......
Fabric brooches, using the 'Fun Flowers-BIGZ Die',
the 'Twitterpated' Fabric,
and a few 'Twitterpated' designer buttons......
You just have to use the 'Big Shot' to cut some lovely flowers,
and stab the needle and thread in and out the fabric,
although I will say........ 
avoid stabbing your fingers as it will hurt and.....
don't sew with it close to your knee as yes! I have sewn my work to my jeans before now!

Because not only am I 'Not the farmers wife', but I am not a sewer too!!

Thank you for stopping bye
Sally-Jo xXx

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are not a sewer too - see below!!
    sewer - definition of sewer by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...
    www.thefreedictionary.com/sewerAn artificial, usually underground conduit for carrying off sewage or rainwater. [Middle English, from Anglo-Norman sewere, from Vulgar Latin *exaqu ria : Latin ...

    Luv
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete