hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Friday 4 May 2012

Getting in the groove!

Well after last weeks 'dramas and dioramas' I thought I would have had a quieter week and been able to dust off my desk, and get crafting- but what with Matthew doing maypole.... I know I can't believes he has offered to dance, let alone with a girl!!! and Heather wanting to make the most, of the lighter nights and get lots of riding in, I have failed to do as much as what I had planned!


So did you guess the sneaky peakes that were on show, in last weeks 'Dramas & Dioramas' card???.......

I was giving you a peak at the new  'Framelits Dies'.They are a set of 6, thin wafer-like dies. you can layer inside each other to cut frames for stamp images  or cut single labels for accents or layering. They do coordinate with the 'Apothecary Art' Stamp Set ( shown on p. 17 of the Summer Mini).

The other sneaky peak was a little harder to guess, as its a tool- This is something that really will help you get in the groove! Its the new 'Simply Scored Scoring Tool'! I love that it has made scoring such a pleasant task!!

Here is the card, I made for swaps,
at SU mummy- Julies Training event.
For this I also used the 'Summer Mini' stamp set....
'Bordering on Romance'
 Wood Mounted 125480 £24.95 
Clear mounted 125482 £19.95.
I stamped the spray of flowers from the set, to the left of a panel of the SU water colour paper and used my 'Aqua Blenders' to watercolour- using the lids of my stamp pads as a pallet, the versatility of my SU stash! The water colour paper also helped to let the ink blend smoothly too!
Here you can see, the working of the card fold from above, I was able to create two of these card blanks, from an A4 sheet of card- so would be ideal if you wished to create multiples for wedding invitations or a special event, and using the 'Simply Scored- Scoring tool' and having the place markers set up, would make it a doddle! 

I got farmer Johnnie to help me shoot a video yesterday, to show you how I created the card blank, but lets just say after the 20th take, I was about to beat him over the head with my 'Simply Scored board' what with his phone ringing, the kids running up and down the stairs and I haven't managed to refrain from saying 'oakie dokey', but I hope it helps to show you how to create the card xx

To create the sentiments, I used my trusty 'Stamp-ma-jig' and a combination of stamps from 'Petite Pairs' & 'My Family'.I also added some little flowers, punched with the flower from the 'Itty Bitties' punch pack and dots of 'Tombow- liguid glue' and to all the flower centres, and then a dusting of sparkle with some 'Dazzling Diamonds'.

Thank you for looking by, and I will be back tomorrow, to tell you about ........

xXXx

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous card - I have no idea how to use the aqua painter so maybe you can teach me (please please please!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lovely card and a really easy to follow 'how to' video. Thank you, I cant wait to make one!

    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO funny .... "la la" WHAT are you on??? Lovely card though and great tutorial well worth me falling about laughing at the start xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant tutorial (well videod too!). Will definately have a go at this. Thanks for ALL your inspiration Sally-Jo!

    ReplyDelete