hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Monday 12 December 2011

Christmas Spirit.....

Whooo hooooo......... It was probably a good idea that last week, my Internet connection was very limited, as yes I made a start on my Christmas shopping!!........At least a whole week earlier than last year!!! This year I have been very honest with the children, that Santa's gifts are not an endless pile of stuff, and that there is more to Christmas than presents. I think that I may have got this across to my 10 year old, who acts like she is 19!! When sat on the sofa having an extremely late night cuddle because she couldn't sleep, last night, she was peeking at the ads on TV, she saw the 'John Lewis' one come up and my!, does it bring a tear to my eye! So when it finished I asked did she get the meaning.... there was a short pause.....'Yes! Its better to give, than to receive!!', all of a sudden her being a rubbish sleeper and still being awake at nearly midnight was manageable!!

Anyway with my brother coming around yesterday, the technical glitch is now sorted, with a little grey flashing box- like- thing, stuck to the side of the lappy, I can now upload and type, with out it having some kind of hissy fit, crashing and losing it all!!
So here is a Christmas Scrapbook lay out that utilises some none Christmas papers, can you guess what they are?? Yep- Timeless Portrait, the cherry cobbler is just right for Christmas lay outs- so get using up your odds and ends, on your last minute Christmas projects, and if like me you are counting the pennies- get out your stash and create a few lay outs as gifts!! 
The embellies were created by stampin' and punchin' the tags from 'Tags till Christmas' & also the spotty frame from 'Four Frames', they look good as cluster of 'bits' and because I stamped them, they all match, as I could use the same Ink... 'Cherry Cobbler'!
Even though its a christmas layout, I have kept it very masculine,
and the rouched 'Striped Grosgrain Ribbon' helped.
Here is a straight on view, the picture isn't too good, but at least you can see my positioning.....and now that I have looked at it like this, I feel that the top left corner is a little bare.... hmmm what do you think it needs??

I should be back tomorrew, the rest of today is planned out helping santa and maybe a little christmas craft too!! And if you havent seen the ad, here it is xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment