hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Thursday 2 August 2012

Whipped into action!!!

I have been led astray from the blogging world recently by a number of things, the biggest one being the end of an era as my daughter leaves primary school and gets ready for high school and the Summer holidays and entertaining two children, well one of the problems has been that they don't need entertaining just a mum to drive them here there and everywhere!!!


Another reason has to be also that I was led into the dark and mysterious world of 'Fifty Shades', I have to admit- I have read them all, even though I found them not to be of a great literary standard........ well she does use the word 'Flushed' 50 times in the first two chapters of the first book, but there was something there in all three that just had me turning the pages!!! Neither am I great writer, so hats off to her or rather whips out!!, that she has created the fastest selling book of all time, and will net herself  a pretty penny or two in sales and future TV & film rights.


Any way after a meet up- nearly a week ago with  my lovely SU daughter Tammy & the lovely Yvonne my SU friend & convention buddy- I said that I needed whipping into shape and need someone to nag me into getting back to blogging........ And Yvonne has been doing just that, every couple of days, she has sent me a text, sometimes in BIG SHOUTY LETTERS TOO!!!!
I am sharing with you the Card and wreath, I made for my SU mum Julie Kettlewells birthday, she loved it so much, that she used the design to create a Christmas card project for the recent training event she held. Forgive the photos but they were taken at night under a desk light, so the calypso coral looks a little brighter than in real life!! xx
The Diorama card is created by folding & sticking two sheets of A5 card. you score both sheets using the lovely SU 'Simply Scored Scoring Board' along the top side at 1/4", 6 1/4" & 7 1/4". Before sticking the two pieces together using the 1/4" flap. I die cut an aperture into the front panel, I using the 'Labels Collection; from the 'Stampin' Up!' Summer Mini Catalogue.
I went to town with the punches and created 3d flowers on top of the water coloured wreath- stamped from 'Apothecary Art' stamp set. The banner was stamped again on to extra card and the greeting added from the same set and raised up, you can also make out the 'On colour' stamping on the soft suede labels die cut, using the flourish, from the 'Creative elements' Stamp set. The same stamp was also used to decorate the panel behind the diecut, again with more 'On Colour' stamping. 
I added a 'Friend' label using a stamp from the 'For my Family' stamp set, and even more punched flowers!
The envelope got some stamping and craft TLC too......
Complete with more punched and spiral flowers and bird builder leaves.
I made lots of 3D flowers in Calypso Coral card stock, using the Bigz 'Fun Flowers' die and the 'Big Shot' to decorate the wreath, I made a video on how to do this check it out here:
The top got some simple long loop bows of 'Soft Suede' striped grosgrain & Ruffled 'Calypso Coral' ribbon, 
I love it that the SU products all co-ordinate!
To break up the calypso coral blooms, I added some flowers created with the new 'Blossom' punch, from the Summer Mini, using 'Newsprint DSP' and an 'Antique Brad' to hold them together.
To secure the blooms on to the wreath I used, a hot glue gun and whilst the glue was still drying pushed a pearl headed pin into the centre of each of the 'Calypso Coral' bloom. I also pushed in some leaves that I had die-cut using the 'Little Leaves' sizzlit die.

I promise that I will be back- sooner than last time with a blog post, thank you for sticking with me, like a trusty 'Tombow'!!!!

And if you are in the UK and would like to purchase some of the lovely 'Stampin' Up!' craft goods, or even become a demonstrator like myself, then please get in touch....

My email is: sally-johoughton@hotmail.co,uk
or you can call: 07891605129

Thanks for stopping by
xXXx

6 comments:

  1. love, love, love - and thank you so much for teaching me how to do the diorama card and the aqua painting technique (I sent my lovely finished card off to a dear friend in Canada for her birthday)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! you're back! Gorgeous projects as always, love the colours. The wreath is simply stunning.
    I've nearly finished Book 3. Can't wait to get to the end - might get a decent nights sleep then. See you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, finally, keep it up or I will be spanking you, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set is just gorgeous Sally Jo. Not surprised Julie loved it!! I agree with you re the fifty shades trilogy too! Not the best writing, but sooooo addictive it takes over your life!:-)
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations Sally-Jo, loved your card and was inspired to make my own - its on my blog if you want to visit and have a look. must try and make one with the apothecary set soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Sally-Jo, I love all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete