hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Tuesday 26 June 2012

Spot the difference!!

Recently I had the pleasure to receive some handmade cards, for a yearly event in my life which I absolutely detest- I absolutely hate being a year older every year, and the handmade cards I received off my craft & SU friends were rays of sunshine in a stormy time for me! They have given me so much inspiration, that I felt a few 'CASE's' were in order!!

My SU Mummy- Julie Kettlewell, sent me a lovely card featuring the lovely 'Fun Flowers' & 'Top Note' SU Bigz Dies, can you spot the difference??

Julie's card is to the left of this picture,
I wanted to give this 'CASE', to my Gran-
who was celebrating her 97th birthday yesterday!
So I upped the size of the card to a 15cm square base,
as she likes a big card for on her mantle piece!

I used 'Parlour Prints' to create a lovely aged background panel-
It goes so well with the 'Attic Boutique DSP',
out of the 'Summer Mini'......
I have to admit that I have spent along time stroking this, before I cut at it!!!
I just love the vintage, shabby chicness of it, but it's still fresh and vibrant with bursts of colour!


 I split my 'Top Note' die cut of the gorgeous 'Attic boutique DSP' to fit the square, placing a 'Crumb Cake' banner, stamped with the birthday greeting from 'Curly Cute', to cover the gap!
I embellished it with SU pearls, as my gran likes the posh bits!

I added a lovely twirled bow-
using the new 'Pool Party' 'Seam Binding &
 using the 'For My Family' stamp set, I added a little 'Decorative Label' with 'Grandma' on & a few more pearls too!

I layered up the flowers- like Julie, but switched the button,
to one of our lush 'Antique Brads'!
Here you can see, that following Julies inspiration, I too added stamping to one of the flower layers.

 I always like to add some decoration to the inside of my cards, that are going to be received, so I finished this with a light stamping of the 'Parlour Prints' stamp around the edge......

This was the trickiest bit in creating the whole card...

As the card is wider than the stamp, and you also want to take off the ink from the centre. of the stamp, so you have somewhere to write your message- this I forgot to do!

So as Julie say's-
'it's a good job SU card stock is double sided!!!'

Thank you for stopping by, and checking out my crafty makes-

Sally-Jo
xXXx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Love how you've used Julies card as inspiration but given it your own twist!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete