hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Tuesday 20 March 2012

A wreath for all seasons....

I can't remember if I blogged the really gorgeous 'CAS' large wreath cards I made at Christmas, I say gorgeous, because I was really pleased with how they looked and how they came together and also the people who received them were really appreciative, and stuck them in the middle of there mantle pieces- you always know, you have made a nice card, when it takes pride of place on the mantle piece!!!

Anyway I mentioned just over a week ago that my good friend Linda was celebrating her 21st, well Linda has come over to the UK for a little holiday to see her family and her delightful grandson Alex, and we had the chance to meet up yesterday and have a belated birthday lunch, I had saved Linda's card to give her then, as I also had her pressies, but here is the card I made for her, and yes I put a wreath on it, I have loved creating 3D home decor wreaths and I have wanted for ages to create a wreath on a card that wasn't for Christmas, and this came from there!!
Sorry for the blue picture, of the whole card front....maybe need to work on my lighting!!
But i think you get the LO xx
As Linda is the 'Craft Stamper Of the Year' I wanted to make a card that was worthy of her mantle piece!!
I created some spiral curled flowers using the 'Stampin' Up!' 'First Edition DSP' and gave them a frilly outer using the 'Triple Doily Punch'
I got an 'Antique Brad' on it and some of our lovely 'Crochet Trim' as Linda likes these SU products!
I used the 'Beautiful Wings Embossilit' to add a kaleidoscope of butterflies across the card, Linda has just got this in her February 'Stampers 6' order with me!
I added a lovely 'Timeless Type' die cut 21 numerals, which I glittered with the lovely 'Gold- Glass Glitter', I also used this to add specks of sparkle to the stamped wreath, I created a embossed oval using the 'Designer Frames' Embossing folder on to which I stamped the greeting.
Here you can see the inside decoration, I just die cut a 'Scallopped Circle' of 'Very Vanillia' using my SU Big shot and did a little more stamping and glittering of the wreath spray around the edge and finished it with the other half of the 'Petite Pairs' sentiment which I had used on the front, I also gave it a sponging of the 'Gold Shimmer Paint' around the edge of the scalloped circle.

Now that I look back at the card, there are a few more bits that I haven't mentioned what I did or how I got it to do it, but if you have any questions please, do get in touch, I love to share what I learn.

Apart from 3 diamante headed pins, which you can pick up from a florists, everything about the card including the large base, which is made from 2 A4 sheets of 'Crumbcake' is  made using the fantastic Stampin' Up! products, which you can order form me, please do get in touch:
xXXx

7 comments:

  1. Stunning! How did you stamp the wreath then, Sally Jo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, really beautiful. you are so creative nicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really thought that I had commented on this...... however - its absolutely beautiful - feel another case coming on!
    How big was your card?

    Luv
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, I love all the attention to detail, so pretty. Can't believe I've never looked at your blog before, so much inspiration, thank you! Will be following you from now on, and definitely CASEing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning card Sally-Jo and now will have to get that stamp set with the pheasant in just to make that wreath! Flipperdy dipperdy(got to be polite on your blog or Yvonne will tell me off).
    Hugs Betty
    PS I did case that anniversary card for my daughter-in-law's birthday but made a grungey bow instead as I'm gripped by grunge bow fever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work i love this hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete