hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Monday 20 February 2012

Baby love..........

Whilst in the stupor of my cold and colouring the 'Baby Tees' over last week, a little dust ball of a Layout idea, rolled into the fog of my head and has laid there fairly dormant till the free fall of fridays sugar rush!!

I have loads of pictures of my children, lots taken with haste and are hazy, out of focus shots with a thumb or finger peeping into shot, and loads of professional pictures that at the time seemed like a good idea and are now dated, but it doesn't mean they should be stuffed in a box, out of sight and mind, as they do bring back lovely memories...... well the ones that don't involve too much baby sick and sleepless nights!!

So here are my first attempts at bringing my babies, pictures, out of the dark......

This first layout is a picture of Heather that was taken at a Babystore, it's very different to the white backdrop photos that are so popular today, but popped on to a very white Layout and given a splash of colour with the 'Baby Tees' from the 'Stampin' Up!' Jumbo wheel, coloured with the SU markers in 'Regal Rose' and 'Pretty In Pink' and the blender pen.
My baby is 11 years old in March!!!
The journalling labels were stamped from 'Creative Elements',
In 'Crumb Cake'Ink.
I used the light, frond like swirl, from the same set,
to add interest to the bank 12x12 sheet and also....
Under the 'Doily Ribbon Lace' border and 'Baby Tees' images.

The second layout is of Matthew...... this shows him at about a couple of weeks old, and he was a big baby, he weighed in at 11lbs 4oz when he was born!! 
I had missed having his newbie baby shots at the hospital, as I had my baby and was home within 24hrs, and they only did them every other day, so these were taken at home, on our bed, with my old film camera. 
Again the layout has the same idea- a clean and simple background and a splash of colour with the 'Baby Tees', this time coloured in 'Marina Mist' and 'Bashful Blue'. 
I used the 'Doily Lace Ribbon' border punch again, I like how it makes a delicate addition.

And to add interest to the die cut wording, I ran it through the 'Big Shot' with the 'Perfect Polka Dots' Embossing folder. Mini tags were added with 'Tiny tags' and the co-ordinating 'Jewellery Tag' punch, and tied in place with the SU 'Linen Thread'.

I like how that even though the photos are so different, the layouts look similar, and they will make a nice double page spread in my album, but before then they will take pride of place, as samples of what you can create with the fantastic SU products, at the workshops I attend.

If you would like to host a Workshop and maybe earn some FREE goods, or you just want to find out more about 'Stampin' Up!' and the fanatsic craft products they offer, then contact me: 
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk
or call 07891605129
xXXx

3 comments:

  1. Hi sally !!! I discovered your blog after the SU convention. I like a lot your creations.Thank you for these all beautifull cards and page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layouts Sally, my wish list is getting longer lol.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are soo cute!!!! clean simple and adorable xxxxx

    ReplyDelete