hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Friday 12 August 2011

Long time no see!!!!!!!

Hello, sorry about the lack of posts, my craft 'Mojo' left me and I have been busy doing 'Mum' stuff while Heather and Matty, are on their summer Hols!

Last night though, it came back to me in a flash of inspiration......well I had been jigging over a Layout with the 'Just Believe' Stampin' Up! stamp set for a bit, and when I finally put stamp to paper it all just came together!
When I had finished the 12x12" base, I had a look through my box of photo's and came across this one of 'Foxy....sunday name Foxglove!' she is our beautiful 'so grey- she is white' pony, she taught Heather how to ride, and 'Baggins' that wheelie bins and blue garden plants won't kill you! Anyway if I told you were she was when I took this photo, of her with heather and Matty...you would think I was crazy....well, yes, I am! And yes, she was in the living room!
I used some more of the 'Marina Mist' ink refill, diluted and misted over the card to add colour to the 12x12" textured Whisper White card.A few splats were add, by flicking the plastic tube in the spritzer accross the page.....

WARNING>>>MAKE SURE YOUR SURFACES ARE COVERED AS IT GOES FURTHER THAN YOU THINK!!!I felt that the base page needed something to draw the eye from the decoration at the bottom, to up and across the page so added a few butterflies from the 'Strength & Hope' SU stamp set.
I then created a wide matt for the photo using the same butterfly, by stamping it in 'Basic Black' around the edge of a piece of the textured white card, I also dragged the ink pad around the edge of the card to define it.
For the title, I die-cut the lettering using the 'Timeless Type' alphabet dies. I stuck the title to a piece of 'Whisper White' card that had been die-cut, using the 'Top-Note' die and then folded in half.


To add more texture to the letters, I embossed them using the 'Square Lattice' embossing folder, I also added a little stamping to the die-cut!And the reason for folding the 'Top-note' die cut in half...well it gave me a little area to add some journalling...well I don't want the whole world to knew that i had a pony in the living room! ;-)Don't forget about the fantastic offer from 'Stampin' Up!' if you place an order for £75 or over, or host a workshop with sales totalling over £250 before P&P, you get the fantastic cosmetics tote, ribbon and clips, so everyone gets a chance of this offer I am placing weekly orders myself, so email me to find out more. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment