hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Tuesday 16 August 2011

Blue skies after the rain!!!

When I was hitting the disco's in my youth there was a song that referred to the sunshine and blue skies after the rain, well today has been one of those mornings, after a very un-restful nights sleep, complete with weird dreams were I was some kind of secret agent and loads of people were having babies (at this point I would be grateful of any comments from dream experts, as to the relevance of these themes in dreams)!! I woke to hear the rain pelting on the window and the phone ringing, in a sleep dazed wobble i got to the phone to be greeted by the cheerful tones of a my children's friends mum inviting them to play....considering the weather I think she is rather brave to have 2 10yr. old girls and 2 8yr old boys in her home at once! So off they went to play before dinner, leaving to do the washing!! When low and behold a Knight in Shinning armour came to my door.....NO, it wasn't Johnnie whisking me out for lunch, It was my ever reliable Mr UPS!! Bringing me, and my crafting friends our Stampin' Up! goodies! This was definitely a blue skies after the rain moment.....yeahhhh!! an excuse to sort out what people had ordered and also the chance to stamp!

Stamping- because as tonight is creative Cafe, I thought it would be great to give everyone their orders in a little decorated bag. Now the bags are ready made and are available from the good old pound stores, usually near the tin foil and cling film! Yes! you have guessed it, they are just brown paper sandwich bags!



But decorated with our lovely SU stamps, the bags change from dowdy, plain & boring, to specially decorated, thoughtful packaging!!


The stamp sets I have used on today's bags are 'Baroque Motifs' & 'Sense of Time'




The clock face and cogs from the 'Sense of time' set, were repeatedly stamped just using the Stampin' Up! Classic ink pad in 'Early Espresso' & the swirl from 'Baroque Motifs' was stamped in the 'Crumb Cake' classic ink pad, I then added the small flower using the lovely 'Concord Crush' 'In Colour!' ink pad.




A tag was punched for the recipients, name using the decorative frame punch and some scraps of 'Crumb Cake' card stock these we given a little stamp treatment too!I hope you like this quick and easy way to create custom gift bags & if you would like to order the lovely Stampin' Up! goodies, I have used to decorate mine then please do contact me:




xXXx


No comments:

Post a Comment