Now I used the lovely 'Top Note' die to create a little needle case, so that when I am on the go I have a safe little place to store a needle for my linen thread. By cutting felt you don't get the perforation line of the top note die, but the shape is still fantastic as it is!I cut two of these out of felt and stitched them together with a ribbon on the outside as a fastener, I then used the 'Fun Flowers' die and using a scrap of pink felt, cut the smallest flower. This was added to the front of the needle case, with a lovely SU 'Brights' button as the centre, it also helps to hold the ribbon in place.I have to giggle & scold myself, as while putting this together, this morning, I had lost the tub of buttons....and thought the could be in the boot of my car from Wednesdays workshop, and yes I went and scrabbled for them in my dressing gown!! My excuse was that I had just got out of the bath, and the urge to craft was so great, I couldn't wait to get dressed!!!But the best bit about this, is that it didn't take much sewing, just a few in and outs and some artistic knotting with the lovely SU 'linen thread' and you have a make that is 'sew simple!'.
I think as a treat we will all make a brooch, as part of the 'Free' make & take, at Saturday Nights 'Big Shot' Event, so I will have to pop out for some more safety pins.........hmmm but I had better get dressed first! xx