hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Saturday 30 July 2011

In a bit of a 'Mist'!

Yesterday I had fun playing with a canvas kit a facebook friend had given me, to complete it, I had to add spray inks, when I received my starter kit there was a re-fill of the 'Marina Mist' SU ink, so I added a few drops to a mister and had a fantastic spray ink to match the 'Stampin' Up!' Ink pads......note to self, I need more ink refills to make more colour mists!

The canvas kit called for me to colour a doily with the spray ink, but my scrap paper was left with a delicate silhouette, and it inspired me to make this card.


The card base is made from 'Crumb Cake' SU card stock, cut to fit a DL envelope. The doily is one from my stash....hmmm she hoards doilies....well the local village 'Flower, Produce & Handicraft show' have a Children's doily colouring class, and my two love to enter this, so when I see nice doilies I pick them up.....believe me not all doilies are pretty!! Anyway here is a close up of the 'Marina Mist' sprayed over the doily.
I then created a collage of items to create a focal point, across the lower third of the card base. The band of corrugated card was salvaged from some packaging, and a strip was ripped to fit across the card.


I gathered a short piece of 'Old Olive' ribbon and stuck it to the right, of the band.


I stamped the rose frame from the 'Stampin' Up! Four Frames' stamp set, with chocolate chip ink, on to a scrap of 'Crumb Cake' card and punched it out using the coordinating punch, I then splattered it with 'Old olive' ink and stuck it, so it was peeping out from under the top left edge of the band.
I stamped 'Friend' and 'Love' from the 'Tiny Tags' SU stamp set, in 'Old Olive' ink, on to 'Crumb Cake' Card stock, they were then punched out using the 'Jewellery Tag' Punch. the 'Heart from the same stamp set was stamped with 'Chocolate Chip' Ink and punched out using the smallest heart from the 'Heart to Heart' punch. This was mounted with a small foam pad on to another jewellery tag. I knotted these on to a piece of linen thread that had been wrapped around the band.


Just peeking out from under the bottom right edge of the band, is the bird frame, stamped as the rose one, and on top of this is a flower made with the 'Flower Accent'. It was stamped in 'Old Olive' ink, on to 'Crumb Cake' card stock, this was trimmed out and stuck on top of the bird label with a foam pad, the large glass pebble is from my stash, I picked a whole bag of them up for a couple of pounds, they are the ones used for putting in the bottom of bowls of flowers!

Before sticking the collage band to the card base I added some splatters of the 'Old Olive' Ink.
As my SU mum Julie would say...'here is an arty farty angle' of the completed card!




Right! I am off to re-work this in to a

Lay out for a scrapbook page.....

while the urge to mist is upon me! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Doily colouring class .. seriously!!!

    Absolutely lovely card shows SU doesn't have to clean and simple xx

    ReplyDelete