hello & welcome to the lovely world of 'Stampin' Up!' with me- Sally-Jo...i absolutely love - paper, scissors and glue......'ooooOOOoo' and not forgetting my addiction to rubber....well stamps, that is!!

I have choosen to become an Independent 'Stampin' Up!' Demonstrator, so I can get my hands on some of the hottest, on trend, quality craft goods and share my love of them, with you too!!

Book your free at home workshop, with a fantastic demonstration & a 'make & take' for all your guests- with the chance to earn FREE products and EXCLUSIVE hostess stamp set! email me at:
sally-johoughton@hotmail.co.uk for more information



Tuesday 19 July 2011

CAS......Christmas!!!

OK I have mentioned the dreaded 'C' word again.....but teamed it with CAS, this stands for 'Clean and simple'. This is- sort of a less is more approach to your card lay outs, and can be a good approach to bulk card making!


For these cards I came up with one layout/ design idea and I just changed the ink colour, for variation! It's a great way to make each card slightly different!





Using the snowflake from the 'Winter Post' SU stamp set, I inked it up in my chosen colour and stamped it on the top 2/3's of the card blank, to get a shade variation I used the 2nd and 3rd impression from the stamp too.......this means that I didn't add anymore ink, I just stamped it again for the 2nd time and then the 3rd, again not adding ink, so the shade goes lighter.......it's amazing what you can do with ink!!


The colours I have used for these samples are from the 'Stampin' Up!- Brights' collection and are 'Tempting Turquoise' and 'Melon Mambo', but don't be held back by this....your cards can be made in a colour of ink of your choice!


The sentiment is from the SU stamp set 'Heard from the Heart', this set of stamps has lots of different sentiments and I used the Christmas one, they all have hand written look to them, and the sweeping line in and away just calls out for some of our SU bling, on both sides-the camera never really picks up how super sparkly this is! To add a bit more of a sparkle I added a tiny 'bling' to the centre of three of the snowflakes too!
To follow on from the front design, I have added stamping directly to the inside of the card......it saves the hassle of cutting an insert, decorating that and sticking it in too, but the main reason is that the 'Whisper white' card stock is perfect for stamping on so why waste the inside area?!!

I have just realised that I haven't decorated any envelopes to match, but this would be easy to do along the same lines......hmmmmm I think I will just nip and do that now! Please leave suggestions of your 'CAS' Christmas card ideas via the comments, it would be great to know what people are making xxx

1 comment:

  1. They may be clean and simple and clean but they are lovely for all that.
    Sorry can't get my head around Christmas cards just yet!
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete